At Music Alley we take the health of our families and teachers very seriously.
It is very important for everyone to feel safe in class.
If you or your child are sick, you must not come to class.
Please stay at home if you or they have any of the following symptoms:
- runny nose
- sore throat
- eye discharge
- contagious skin rashes
- diarrhoea or vomiting
- unusual/severe lethargy or irritability
- loss of taste or smell
If such symptoms are noticed in class, we will politely ask that you return home to recover.
If either you or your child suffers from non-contagious, sick-looking symptoms such as allergies or a post-viral cough, please let us know.
When you are deciding whether to come to class, please err on the side of caution.
The other families will appreciate your consideration.
What you can do to minimise the spread of illness:
- Stay home when sick.
- If anyone in your household is in isolation with COVID-19, please don't come to class.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and/or sanitise your hands before and after class.
- Wait for the previous class to leave the building before entering.
- Spread out around the room.
Steps we are taking at Music Alley to minimise the spread of illness:
- Regularly cleaning the piano keyboard and washable props.
- Providing hand sanitiser and hand-washing facilities for you to use.
- Asking Music Play families to bring a blanket to class to use for seated activities.
- Keeping windows open for ventilation.
Music Play Classes
If your older child is home from school due to illness, please do not bring them with you to class.
If you need to miss a Music Play class for any reason we offer unlimited make-up classes for as long as you are enrolled.
Piano Lessons - online options
If your child is not well enough to attend their piano lesson, but you think they could still participate via Zoom, please let me know in advance. I am very happy to set this up.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO KEEP OUR CLASSES SAFE AND ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!