At Music Alley we take the health of our families and teachers very seriously.
It is very important for everyone to feel safe in class. Colds, influenza and other viruses make family and working life difficult.
If you or your child is sick, we request that you don’t come to class. Please stay at home if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- temperature over 37 C; please be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of medication
- impetigo or other contagious skin rashes
- diarrhoea or vomiting
- persistent coughing
- sneezing and/or runny nose
- sore throat
- any contagious disease or your child seems really sick without obvious symptoms
If any of these symptoms are noticed in class, we will kindly ask that you return home to recover.
If either you or your child suffers from non-contagious, sick-looking symptoms such as allergies, please let us know.
When you are deciding whether to come to class, please err on the side of caution.
The other families will appreciate your consideration.
What you can do to minimise the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and/or sanitise your hands before and after class.
- Wait for the previous class to leave the building before entering.
Steps we are taking at Music Alley to minimise the spread of illness:
- Regularly cleaning door handles and washable props.
- Providing hand sanitiser for you to use.
- Asking every family to bring a picnic rug to class to use for seated activities.
- Suspending the use of shared instruments and close group activities.
To minimise the spread of COVID-19 in the community:
Do not come to class if
- you or anyone in your household has symptoms of respiratory illness.
- you or anyone that you have been in contact with has been interstate or overseas within the last 14 days.
Music Play Classes
If your older child is home from school due to illness, please do not bring them with you to class.
If you need to miss a Music Play class for any reason we offer unlimited make-up classes for as long as you are enrolled.
Piano Lessons - online options
If your child is not well enough to attend their piano lesson, but you think they could still participate via Zoom, please let me know in advance. I am very happy to set this up.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO KEEP OUR CLASSES SAFE AND ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!